What if my event is postponed due to COVID-19?
If your event is postponed due to the NSW Government imposing restrictions or rules which require you to postpone your event, you may also postpone your booking with No Filter Photo Booth. This means your initial $300 deposit and any monies paid can be transferred to your postponed event date.
We will book you in for a later date, please note that if this date is already booked by another hirer, unfortunately we will be unable to honour your booking. Therefore, we will happily offer you a full refund for your original invoice, including your initial $300 deposit which secured the date (this deposit is typically non-refundable). We apologise for any inconvenience. For this reason, it is important for you to let us know if we need to postpone your event so that we can check as soon as possible if the date is still available for you. We want to ensure that if the original date is not available for you, you will have enough time to book with another photo booth vendor!
What if my event is cancelled, and not postponed, due to COVID-19?
We understand that this was a difficult decision to make and we sympathise with you. No Filter Photo Booth will retain your initial $300 deposit but will refund all other monies paid. You are more than welcome to use your $300 deposit as a credit towards any event in the future.
How is No Filter Photo Booth keeping the community safe?
You and your guests' health, safety and wellbeing is our number #1 priority! We have registered No Filter Photo Booth as COVID SAFE and have created a Safety Plan. As such, we are practicing the following:
- Guests can scan our QR code when using the booth
- Booth users will be asked to use our hand sanitiser before and after handling props and touching our monitor.
- All props and equipment will be disinfected in between each booth group of guests with sanitising, disinfectant spray.
- Social distancing (at least 1.5m) between the booth operator and guests. Floor decals may be used for queues.
- A mask to be worn by the booth operator.
- We urge any guest that is not feeling well, exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms, is a close or casual contact, or is a confirmed case themselves, does not attend the event in order to keep the community safe.
Keep up to date with the latest information about restrictions, health advice, rules, current cases, and how to stay COVID safe in NSW, Australia.